Derivative of small seeds of grapes, the grape seed extract is a renowned powerhouse of antioxidants and other nutritious plant compounds. Grapes are surely considered to be among the favourite and much relished fruits from many others across the world, all thanks to the juicy deliciousness they have to offer. However, grapes are loaded with health benefits. And we need to know that most of their health influence is hidden inside the seeds, which we often ignore or consider less important to take in.
Grape Seeds Are Actually Upright!
The grape seed extract ranks extremely high on free-radical fighter compounds. Oligomeric proanthocyanins complexes (OPCs) are among the most active ingredients found in this extract, which primarily help in digging out and neutralizing the effect of free-radicals in our body. These reduce oxidative stress and avert the signs of premature ageing and also a wide number of chronic diseases. Even in case of some everyday problems such as fatigue and general weakness, grape seed extract is known to have been extremely effective. Here’s how it works:
- Prevents Sudden Dipping of Blood Sugar Levels
- The presence of an antioxidant known as Naringenin in grape seed extract helps in stabilizing the metabolism of glucose in our body. A sudden drop in our blood sugar levels, is a chief reason behind the feeling of general weakness and fatigue we could experience, as the day passes by. Thus, having the grape seed extract in any form earlier during the day helps maintain adequate levels of blood sugar, and keeps us active throughout the day, and even afterwards.
- Prevents Painful Muscles
- Consumption of grape seed extract tends to alkalize our body, which in turn improves the very breakdown of fat stores. This prevents soreness in our muscles and enhances the overall muscle performance, preventing fatigue at the same time.
- Builds Resistance Against Disease
- The grape seed extract is also known to help build a strong immune system. As it provides an alkalizing effect to our body, this furthermore offers stamina building and overhauling body’s natural resistance against disease.
- Reinforces The Capillaries
- Grape seed extract decreases capillary fragility, atherosclerosis and lipid peroxidation etc. This is because the OPCs present in the same increase the vitamin C levels in our body on a cellular level. They make our capillaries stronger and immensely improve the circulation of oxygen in our blood.
- OPCs in Grape Seed Extract are Remarkable Natural Virtue
- The OPCs contribute in enhancing the effectiveness and re-absorption of various nutrients in our body. These also help improve flexibility in joints. Not only this, we can comprehend that these OPCs exhibit a variety of other health properties, such as antibacterial, antiviral, anti-allergic and even anti-carcinogenic.
- Potent Antioxidants Grape seed extract is a store house of Vitamin E, flavonoids, linoleic acid, and Oligomeric proanthocyanidin complexes (OPCs) which make them powerful natural antioxidants.
- Relieves Numerous Health Maladies
- The Grape Seed Extract (commonly known as GSE) is regarded to be about fifty times more potent and effective than vitamin E, and about twenty times more beneficial than vitamin C. It is, therefore, no wonder that the grape seed extract is known to provide relief from a variety of health problems. The best part is that the Grape seed extract gets easily absorbed and circulated in our body. It does come with a slightly stringent taste, and may need some getting used to, but all that’s worth it.
- Perfect for Lethargy and General Weakness
It is, therefore, precise to say that the grape seed extract is one of the best, naturally available sources for those distressed with fatigue, lethargy and general weakness. And best part about this extract is that it gets easily absorbed and circulated in our body. Therefore, whereas it is always a good idea for us to be munching on this seasonal fruit, let’s be assured that we do not spit out the seeds, but chew them well and digest them. On the other hand, the benefits of GSE are available to us that can principally be obtained in various other forms as well, such as liquid concentrate, pills and tablets. By means of supplements or straight off the fruit, the choice to reap health benefits of this rich fruit extract is ours!
Watch Video: 20 Natural Painkillers in your Kitchen! HD Video
About the Author:
Dr Sonica Krishan is Author and Speaker in the areas of Healthy and Joyous Living through Ayurveda, Meditation, Yoga and other Contemplative practices. She is a leading Ayurveda Professional in India. She is also Health Writer, Columnist, Editor, Ayurveda Consultant and Holistic Healing Coach. Dr Sonica is open for National as well as International Collaborations with interested people / institutions in fields of Ayurveda, Meditation and Yoga.
Dr Sonica Krishan’s Books are available at Amazon